Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
Repurposed Wool Scarf"I began this life as a sweater knit from wool, but moths found me tasty and ate until they were full.
I have been reclaimed, upcycled, and hand-felted, fusing my fibers together, I have been melted.
Cut, stitched, and handmade with care, I am perfect to keep or to share.
Look at me now, a warm scarf to drape around your neck, recycled fashion in full effect!"
This scarf is patchwork felted wool in green hues, some patterned and some solid. My design is a series of 12 rectangles that are repeated a few times. Each rectangle is machine sewn together. Measures approximately 3" wide by 73" long. It is backed in a green-colored flannel. Wools include cashmere, mohair, and lambswool.
Care instructions – hand washed and air hang to dry.
Looking for different colors, message me to discuss your custom order.
From my smoke-free home.
Thank you for looking.
Hi, I am Theresa. I love to create art. It started with not wanting to trash a wool sweater that had some holes. I saw a display in a fancy department store with reclaimed wool mittens and scarves, I said to myself, "I can make those." I felted my moth hole sweater and made my first felt flower. I now repurposed wool sweaters into Christmas stockings, fingerless gloves, flowers, and boot cuffs. I repurpose game pieces into magnets, pins, and ornaments. Neckties into brooches.
I love working with alcohol ink and my newest creations are ornaments, and wall/shelf art.
I live just north of Chicago, IL with my husband, and children.
- I accept credit card payments via Stripe or Paypal.
- When your payment clears, your order will ship on the next business day.
- The buyer is responsible for calculated shipping. Shipping cost is dependent on package weight, size, and how far away you are from me.
- All packages will have tracking available.
- I will only ship to the mailing address furnished with payment, adjustments will not be made.
- I ship via USPS First Class Mail (up to 13 ounces) and USPS Priority Mail (over 13.1 ounces).
- All Priority Mail is insured.
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
- I do not accept exchanges or returns. However, I am always willing to work with my buyers.