Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
Repurposed Wool Scarf"I began this life as a sweater knit from wool, but moths found me tasty and ate until they were full.
I have been reclaimed, upcycled, and hand-felted, fusing my fibers together, I have been melted.
Cut, stitched, and handmade with care, I am perfect to keep or to share.
Look at me now, a warm scarf to drape around your neck, recycled fashion in full effect!"
This scarf is patchwork felted wool in black and gray hues, some patterned and some solid. My design is a series of rectangles that are repeated a few times. Each rectangle is machine sewn together. Measures approximately 3.5" wide by 95" long. It is backed in black flannel. Wools include cashmere, mohair, and lambswool.
Care instructions: hand washed and air hang to dry.
Looking for different colors, message me to discuss your custom order.
From my smoke-free home.
Thank you for looking.
Hi, I am Theresa. I love to create art. It started with not wanting to trash a wool sweater that had some holes. I saw a display in a fancy department store with reclaimed wool mittens and scarves, I said to myself, "I can make those." I felted my moth hole sweater and made my first felt flower. I now repurposed wool sweaters into Christmas stockings, fingerless gloves, flowers, and boot cuffs. I repurpose game pieces into magnets, pins, and ornaments. Neckties into brooches and statement collars.
I love working with alcohol ink and my newest creations are ornaments, and wall/shelf art.
I live just north of Chicago, IL with my husband, and children.
- I accept credit card payments via Stripe or Paypal.
- When your payment clears, your order will ship on the next business day.
- The buyer is responsible for calculated shipping. Shipping cost is dependent on package weight, size, and how far away you are from me.
- All packages will have tracking available.
- I will only ship to the mailing address furnished with payment, adjustments will not be made.
- I ship via USPS First Class Mail (up to 13 ounces) and USPS Priority Mail (over 13.1 ounces).
- All Priority Mail is insured.
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
- I do not accept exchanges or returns. However, I am always willing to work with my buyers.